Sunday, May 31, 2009

kansas

goodbyes are so barbarian.  one minute, you're with someone, their laughter pounding your ear drums, their smell tickling the inside of your nose, and then next minute they're gone, ripped apart from the physical space you once shared.  for me, the shock of such separation is like the slice of a deep, sharp blade;  i don't even know i've been cut right away, but then the pain comes, pulsating, growing larger throughout the rest of my body, causing me to grab hold of the cut, put pressure on it, try to make the bleeding stop, make it go away.  

 i've left the land of oz and have returned to the land of origin.  all the funny voices, all the funny roads, all the funny creatures...gone with the click of my heels.  my funny friends, who braved the haunted forest, walked the rusted rocks, flew through the crisp air...gone with the chant of home, appearing now as old faces all too familiar but not quite the same.   

i've traveled through time and found myself right back where i started, left with the knowledge of all that has occurred and the decision to change, to be better, to maybe do it a little different.

 


4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you'll read this or not, but this is an awesome blog, Smalls. We miss you. Hope Virginia isn't too much work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and when you say "funny creatures," are you referring to the mythical creature that oft steals Jeanne's socks? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And everything else that we think we've lost, that is really in some random pocket somewhere?
    That creature reminds me of Dobby. I imagine he looks kind of like that. Oh wait, Kreacher. The evil Dobby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. or maybe Wally just means wallabies.
    Koawallabies.
    Wallybies.
    or Kowallies.

    ReplyDelete